Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:27:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Horcicka <mhor5157@ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, misc@openbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org
Subject:   Why so many BSDs?

Hi,

the thing I've never understood is why you are developing three BSD
systems separately - well, they are not too separate because if one
system implements a thing the other two will probably port it.

Wouldn't it be better to join the projects together and this way to more
effectively use your time, skills and energy?

Please, don't lapidate me - I'd just like to know the reasons.

Martin

P.S. I'm not member of this lists, so please answer directly to me.

Sorry for cross-list message.