Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:18:56 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@comcen.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Postfix, maildir's, and writing filters

On Monday 22 September 2008 10:29:36 Da Rock wrote:
> Howdy. This may seem simple, but I'm completely green on this: I have a
> postfix server with a courier-imap client frontend using maildir's. I'm
> using imap for an internal mta, but I need to setup a system which
> retains copies of sent emails on the network and not on individual
> workstations (which is what happens currently).

Just so I'm clear, postfix will deliver all mail? If so:
always_bcc (default: empty)

    Optional address that receives a "blind carbon copy" of each message that
is received by the Postfix mail system.

    Note: if mail to the BCC address bounces it will be returned to the
sender.

    Note: automatic BCC recipients are produced only for new mail. To avoid
mailer loops, automatic BCC recipients are not generated for mail that
Postfix forwards internally, nor for mail that Postfix generates itself.

recipient_bcc_maps (default: empty)

    Optional BCC (blind carbon-copy) address lookup tables, indexed by
recipient address. The BCC address (multiple results are not supported) is
added when mail enters from outside of Postfix.

I am not sure, whether "forwards internally" means mail between two users of
the same postfix installation. It applies also to recipient_bcc_maps. If
postfix won't do this, there's probably a good reason for it, so then I'd
think twice if I really wanted this feature.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.