Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:42:44 -0500
From:      Miguel Sierra <msierra@bvinet.com>
To:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   getting machine on internet

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE3C3A.853BEC70

Guys I'm having a problem getting my machine on the internet. This is my
setup at home:

I have 3 machines (2 windows and 1 freebsd). I have access via
CableModem to the internet. I have one static IP that my windows machine
needs to have it for me to get connected to the internet. However I have
a proxy server on this windows machine. I set up the gateway and the DNS
just like the windows machine, however I have a different IP in my
FreeBSD server. I know the hub works, I know the proxy works, I know my
IPs are fine in both machine. Everything works, except I can't see my
Windows machine (proxy) to get on internet.

I need help to get this box on the internet.

Thank you in advance for all your help,

MS.

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE3C3A.853BEC70

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.1960.3">
<TITLE>getting machine on internet</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Guys I'm having a problem getting my machine on the =
internet. This is my setup at home:</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have 3 machines (2 windows and 1 freebsd). I have =
access via CableModem to the internet. I have one static IP that my =
windows machine needs to have it for me to get connected to the =
internet. However I have a proxy server on this windows machine. I set =
up the gateway and the DNS just like the windows machine, however I =
have a different IP in my FreeBSD server. I know the hub works, I know =
the proxy works, I know my IPs are fine in both machine. Everything =
works, except I can't see my Windows machine (proxy) to get on =
internet.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I need help to get this box on the internet.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thank you in advance for all your help,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>MS.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>