Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:02:57 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Terry Lambert" <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sar on FreeBSD

> Dustin Puryear wrote:
> >
> > After a month of futile searching I am unable to find a sar-like tool
> > available for FreeBSD. I was alerted to the SNMP capabilities of
FreeBSD.
> > However, it would still be nice to have a system-level tool available
that
> > doesn't require SNMP. Does anyone know of anything for FreeBSD that is
> > sar-like? If a sar-like tool isn't available, I may just begin writing
> > something myself. Is there any interest in this?
>
> Compile up the real sar.  SCO released the sources a year
> or two back, now.

If that's the case, then where are they?  The only publicly available SCO
sources I've been able to find are those for csope (which is hosted at
SourceForge.)

http://www.sco.com/opensource doesn't exist anymore, now that Caldera owns
SCO, and a search for "opensource" and "open source" on Caldera's web site
only brings up hits on OpenLinux and the opensource packages that are
included with it.

--
Matt Emmerton