Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:53:35 -0500
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting an xfs drive

Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:21:52PM -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>
>> 	So I was hoping to see if the same is try for the FreeBSD version of
>> XFS.  Again, FreeBSD sees the drive as /dev/da0, but no partitions or
>> slices show up.  Much as I expected, trying to mount /dev/da0 directly
>> fails with "Operating not permitted".  Before I continue fighting with
>>

> What is the output of:
> ls /dev/da0*
> file - < /dev/da0
> mount -t xfs /dev/da0 /mnt

Craig,

    We've pretty much put getting the drives connected on hold for the
time being.  My focus now is on getting our StorageTek 9714 connected to
another server so I can grab data off of our backup tapes :-)  If I have
the time, in a bit, I'll try hooking up one of those drives again.  Thanks!

Adam