Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:29:16 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PNP verbose?

> Question:
>
> is there any specific reason why
>
> lpt0: Polled port
> unknown: <PNP0400> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0c01> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0000> can't assign resources
> unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources
> IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
>
> is not hidden behind bootverbose?

Because there's not a good way to differentiate between "I couldn't get
my resources because a device that shadows me got them" and "I couldn't
get my resources because something is terribly wrong".

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not