Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 20:16:18 -0200
From:      Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@iqm.unicamp.br>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Postfix discussion.

 Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 02:02:12PM -0800, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> I don't see us running bind4 and bind8 side-by-side, and I don't see us
> running vim and vi side-by-side...  and the other too numerous to mention
> lists of software where ports exceed or surpass the main tree software in
> functionality, speed, or features... or any other criteria.
>

>From the install notes:

- Next, review the "To chroot or not to chroot" section, and proceed
  to the section on how you wish to run Postfix on your particular
  machine:

    - Send mail only, without changing an existing sendmail
      installation.

    - Send and receive mail via a virtual host interface, still
      without any change to an existing sendmail installation.

    - Replace sendmail altogether.