Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:19:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/12995: linux-base won't install properly.

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

# The problem here is that on line 140, when ${PREFIX}/sbin/ldconfig is
# loaded, it segfaults.  Since the command is prepended with an @, it doesn't
# get displayed, and it looks like it's the rpm that kills it off.

I had a similar problem the other day.  I had a pretty fresh -current
world and an old kernel.  Yes this is a bad idea!  I rebuilt the kernel
with the following lines added.

	options P1003_1B
	options _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
	options _KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L

Don't know if adding these was really required, but if you are
running -current you should be sure that you have a kernel that
matches your world.  Of course, if you are running -current you
already know that. :)

-steve