Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:11:38 -0400
From:      epilogue@allstream.net
To:        Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD weakness.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 00:59:58 -0600
Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >Linux is for people who hate Micro$oft.
> >BSD is for people who love Unix.
>
> Under these conditions, I guess that I need to go for Linux...
>
> Seriously, one thing that catches my attention is that I don't see any
> really great differences between the BSD (Any version) and the Linux
> community. In doing some reading, it appears that the people at KDE and

Hello Lloyd,

I can't help but piping in here with my (er, someone else's) 2 cents.  For
a nice overview of the fundamental differences (and similarities) between
FreeBSD and Linux-choose-your-flavour, take a gander at the following
article...

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php

It is a well written and rewarding read which presents (IMHO) a fair and
balanced take on the matter.  I have had only 'thanks' from those to whom I
have provided the link.

Hope that this provides you with a footing solid enough to make a
comfortable and informed decision.

Cheers,
epi