Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2019 09:52:50 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic in sys_fstatat()

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 09:50:55AM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> So, I suspect something exotic like some sort of a stack alignment issue, or a
> CPU bug, or a mismatch between object files, or some local experiment, etc.

You might be right about something exotic.  It is an old
laptop, so it could be showing signs of hardware failure.
I'm also unfortuntely trying to solve an issue with
drm-legacy-kmod.  In building several different kernels
over a few different revisions of -current, I seem to have
jump across the introduction of ifunc into the linkers.

I'll see if I can come up with a repeatable method for
causing the panic.

--
Steve