Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:16:49 -0500
From:      Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Today's Radeon r6/7xx drm

On Monday 23 February 2009 08:54 pm, Robert Noland wrote:
> So after I cut the patch last night, rs600 (x1200) support was
> added today... New patch:
>
>http://people.freebsd.org/~rnoland/radeon-r6-7xx-support-022309.patch

r6xx-r7xx branches are merged to head on freedesktop.org git.  Now you
can test and/or use EXA/Xv acceleration with the DRM.  FYI, I made a
temporary ports to update x11-drivers/xf86-video-radeonhd-devel and
you can get it from here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/xf86-video-radeonhd-devel.diff

If you prefer xf86-video-ati, you can use the following temporary
ports instead:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/xf86-video-ati-devel.tar.bz2

To turn on the features, you need the following two lines in Device
section of /etc/xorg.conf:

	Option "DRI" "true"
	Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"

Cheers,