Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:36:16 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        "mms.vanbreukelingen@gmail.com" <mms.vanbreukelingen@gmail.com>, Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with AMDGPU and two grafic cards

On 10/18/19 3:07 PM, mms.vanbreukelingen@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> did BIOS update,  has been critical.  in the meantime with lot o'luck
> I got the scfb-driver to work but only in 1024x76 (but the bios-logo
> starting in 1920x1280) and with 'dbus-launch kstart5 plasmashell' I
> have a root-login to plasmashell.
>
> I guess I can add further video-modes to the driver in xorg.conf or
> set the boot kernel option for 1920x1280 but now, after two days with
> just 3 hours of sleep, I'm too tired and grateful enough it did
> graphics at all.
>
> The CD-medium has been from february and didn't do 'mode 5' on loaders
> prompt,  the one I have now is setting up /usr/src with 1920x1080 (I
> just thought on 1280x1024, that's a resolution where you really need
> an expensive screen.
>
> It's a ASUS r7240-o4gd5-L (GB, DVI, HDMI, Active, LP) and the Ryzen 7
> has 2700MhZ. X.

Ok, so I think for that graphics adapter you should ensure you are using
the "radeonkms" kernel module, can you confirm you have this set in your
rc.conf?

kld_list="radeonkms"

If you have tried booting using that kernel module can you share the
output of "dmesg | grep drm" assuming that it is different than the
previous dmesg you posted in this thread?  if it is the same, then I'm
not sure why the firmware is failing to load and will have to defer to
others on the list.

cheers,
-p

--