Date:      22 Aug 2002 12:28:35 -0700
From:      Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: libh/lib/HuiTv HuiTvLabel.cc libh/release/scripts Dialog.tcl

Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de> writes:
> Thus spake Max Okumoto (okumoto@usw4.freebsd.org):
>
> >   Modified files:
> >     release/scripts      Dialog.tcl
> >   Log:
> >   Trying to layout the same dialog as on the DLDialog web page.
> >   http://parzelle.de/Linux/Applications/dldialog/tv-maxi.gif
>
> Can this go into a documentation subdir maybe?
> Dunno if we need it in the release/ part.

Yes, the code should eventually move into a doc directory.  Right
now I am using it to prototype and check in the missing functionality.

> btw, I see you try to fake Gauges.  Progressbar's should work, at least
> they did earlier this year for me :)

Thats part of the missing functionality that I have not finished porting
to the new system. :-)

> And then:
> 	set HuiTv_module "../../obj/bin/HuiTv_shared/HuiTv.so"
> 	set HuiQt_module "../../obj/bin/HuiQt_shared/HuiQt.so"
>
> How can I build your new Hui? Specially, I don't have a obj/ dir.
> Does this have to do with the .tar.gz you sent to the list earlier?

It should be possible to build the new Hui.  Just run the following commands

% make -f Makefile.new objdirs		# create the obj/ dir
					# Note: this dir is not
					# required.  If one does
					# not exist.  The build
					# system will put the object
					# files in the same dir
					# as the source files.

% make -f Makefile.new		# build the binaries, libraries and
				# static binaries.

% cd release/scripts
% ./startup.sh