Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:50:17 -0500
From:      Dmitry Yaitskov <dima@rogers.com>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windows client/FreeBSD server Q.

Hi,

I have a couple of bluetooth USB dongles (made by BlueGear), and would
like to use these to connect my laptop to my home LAN. I went through
the basic setup steps described here
http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html and got my gongle up and running
on FreeBSD. It can also see the other dongle on the laptop, e.g. the

# hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry

returns the other device's BT_ADDR etc. Also, the other device does
see the FreeBSD one.

My question is, now what? I"d like somehow to let the laptop access
the LAN on which the FreeBSD system is, so I need some server on the
FreeBSD side (I've downloaded the sdp-1.5 package but I could not find
much (any) docs/info on its use unfortunately) and a Windows client on
the laptop - any pointers/advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
-Dima.