Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 18:13:07 -0800
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: if_fxp - the real point

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:48:12PM -0500, Dennis wrote:

> No. Keeping supported drivers up to date is part of the business of
> distributing an OS. Thats what "supported" implies. The driver is out of
> date. Noone is looking for a feature here. We just want it to work.

Dennis, dear Dennis.  I recently re-subbed to -hackers and one of the
first posts I caught was the beginning of one of your more recent threads.
Go away.

I kept telling myself I wasn't going to comment, but I will.  Stop
attacking people.  You're not contributing code, you're not contributing
help, you're just out there attacking people and proclaiming you know the
only direction that FreeBSD should go in.  Go away.

Publically blaring your vague rants is really becomming irritating.  Go
away.

If you feel you are obligated out of some misguided sense of greater good
to rant, by all means do so.  However, there *ARE* some of us who aren't
intimate with your fxp problems.  Like me:

zippy:~#dmesg|grep fxp
fxp0: <Intel InBusiness 10/100 Ethernet> port 0xec00-0xec3f mem 0xdb000000-0xdb0fffff,0xdb100000-0xdb100fff irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci0
fxp0: Ethernet address 00:90:27:d1:83:6a

Works well for me.  However you rant, and then state the people who should
know already know the details.  You rant that this shouldn't be brought up
again.  Okay, so don't do it Dennis.  That's fine if the people who should
know already know, so why bother the other half?  Go away.

You've got a valid problem.  Go away.

As such, you must learn to properly express this problem.  Go away.

Perhaps you just haven't realized that people won't care what you want if
you demand it in a childish way.  For the majority of the fxp consumers
out there, the fxp driver works just fine.  Go away.

You're not obligated to use FreeBSD, nor are you obligated to harass the
people who spend their time working on it.  If you've got a problem, open
a PR, submit appropiate details, leave out the heartfelt emotion, and let
those who can fix it.  Go away.

Or maybe you should take up kernel hacking in your spare time and put up
some code.  Go away.

Or you could go away.

- alex