Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 13:00:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew Atrens" <atrens@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCM

I'm using a _PnP_ card, and mine comes up as:

pcm1 (CS423x/Yamaha/AD1816 <Yamaha SA2> sn 0xffffffff) at 0x530-0x537 irq 5 drq 0 flags 0x11 on isa

When I use NAS I get an interesting 'riffing' effect (last 2 second
sample repeated over and over). The only way to shut it up is to kill the
NAS server. Killing nas generates the following kernel message:

> timeout flushing dbuf_out, chan 0 cnt 0xfffa3acc flags 0x000040c1

which, originates in /sys/i386/isa/snd/dmabuf.c snd_flush(), which is
called by mss_close().

Interestingly other things like xanim and mpg123 are unaffected.

Andrew.

--
+--
| Andrew Atrens                 Nortel Networks, Ottawa, Canada. |