Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:40:11 +0100
From:      Roy Stuivenberg <roys1012@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW torrent

Hello,

I can't seem to get my torrent client working, when ipfw is up.

This rules i use in my script for the torrent client (ktorrent)

# Sta ktorrent toe naar buiten.
$cmd 00283 allow tcp from any to any 50427 out via $pif setup keep-state
$cmd 00284 allow udp from any to any 50427 out via $pif keep-state
$cmd 00285 allow udp from any to any 50428 out via $pif keep-state
$cmd 00286 allow udp from any to any 50429 out via $pif keep-state

In my router these ports are open too.

I googled about this issue and found this rule .. but It doesn't look safe
to me?
Looks like everything is open?

520 allow tcp from any to any out keep-state

Regards,
Roy.