Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:04:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An Update on- 'Panic in FFS/4.0 as of yesterday - update'

I'm finding that the last set of patches are pretty good. So far, the
hardware is breaking before FreeBSD, which is a good sign. I've been
running with a 120GB CCD (two RAID units) and beating on it moderately
severely. So far, so good. I'll probably extend the tests somewhat to
starting testing directory stuff at the same time.

Oh- with one minor exception- it uncovered a stupid bug in *my* stuff
(repeated failures to allocate DMA caused eventual constipation in an
internal softc for the ISP driver- that'll be fixed- but I also have to
find out how ocme DMA allocation could fail on an i386)...

Thanks for the good work here. It's very heartening so far.

-matt