Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:00:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Le-Chin Eugene Liu <lliu@twolf7.EE.WASHINGTON.EDU>
To:        didier@omnix.fr.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rzsz.

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996 didier@omnix.fr.org wrote:

>=20
> Hi
>=20
> I've been using rzsz on an Interactive Unix box for more than a year with=
out
> any problem. the same rz executed with the iBCS2 emulations is not=20
> working at all; if the destination file exist the content is trashed=20
> and the transfer fails if the file is bigger that 50K. The rzsz
> from the FreeBSD 2.0R cdrom has the same symtoms as well as lrzsz from=20
> linux. I've not been able to grab the destfile for FreBSD 2.1R. Is there=
=20
> any other location were I could find this file ? do you have any idea=20
> about the origin this problem ?=20

You can get it from ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/unix/zmodem/
They didn't make it a package and you cannot find it in distfiles. No
source in the rzsz directory under ports. But you can only find the ftp
information is in the rzsz's Makefile.

Compiling rzsz is easy. I use it with seyon. Somehow, it doesn't work
under FreeBSD 2.1R for my case. I used to sucessfully use rzsz with
seyon under FreeBSD 1.1.5.1.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks for your help
>=20
>=20
> --
> Didier Derny         | Omnix 8 Rue Saint Augustin 75002 Paris, France
>                      | tel: (33 1) 42 60 64 00
> didier@omnix.fr.org  | FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE site. (Microsoft Free!)
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

Le-Chin Eugene Liu =BCB =BC=D6 =B8s  l.liu@ieee.org  Lab: (206)616-3169
Web: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lliu    =20
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Box 352500
University of Washington,   Seattle, WA 98195                  Q'APLA