Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 18:44:42 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LS-120, Riva 128, ASUS motherboard

> On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 05:21:15PM +1030, Mike Smith wrote:
> >> I've seen this claim before from numerous places, but they all refer
> >> to Tom's Hardware Guide.
> >
> > I did?
>
> Indirectly.  You didn't name any source that didn't refer directly or
> indirectly to them.

I mentioned Intel.  Do they?

> >> I have a TX board (IWill P55XB2) with 96 MB and something on the board
> >> which looks like a tag RAM, but haven't got round to measuring it (or
> >> even finding something I can measure with).
> >
> > What makes it "look like a tag RAM"?
>
> It's long, thin, black, has legs, and is near the cache chips.  Sure,
> it could be lots of other things, but I wasn't able to locate the part
> number.

That sounds like a crossover from the discussion yesterday.  Does it
have a coloured stripe?  8)

> > I would recommend Intel's website and the datasheets for the 430TX
> > chipset.
>
> URL?  Yes, I know I'm lazy.  But I have other things which I find more
> pressing.

Scum; Intel have completely rearranged their site; none of my bookmarks
work anymore.

Try under http://www.intel.com/design/pcisets/datashts

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\