Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:03:56 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Watching DVD's in -stable

As far as I understand it, in order to get effective video display from
any of the "new" players, your video card must support the XVideo
extension.  In XFree86 4.1, the ATI supports this, but I believe that
the MGA driver still does not, although I cannot find a specific
reference anymore to which drivers support Xv and which do not.  Does
anyone have a reference to the Xv support by driver?

/Joe