Date:      Fri, 09 Oct 1998 13:52:47 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>
> > > If anything things like this should be a clue to anyone that microsoft
> > > stuff is bad...
> > >
> > > As far as I am concerned anyone staying with the NT platform after reading
> >
> >         much better: take a look at this link:
> >         http://www.microsoft.com/misc/backstage/solutions.htm
> >
> >         they claim "More than 6 Gigabytes (GB) of successful downloads a day"
>
> I wonder if a web page where you get the top bar and nothing else counts as a
> successful download? I can't see how they would tell the difference!
>
> I like this bit on the column_t2_1 page...
>
>         Wanke: We needed to figure out why our servers were crashing, which
>         requires them to be taken offline for debugging.

We oughtta write up a FreeBSD/Walnut Creek version of this page and shout
it's existance from the highest treetops.  Sounds like a job for "The
Advocates," thus I've cc'd them and directed followups there.

I'm game to do the writing, if someone can help me with statistics.  ;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com