Date:      Fri, 15 May 2015 19:34:18 +0530
From:      Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com>
To:        Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD make install in graphics/graphviz : "Compilation failed unexpectedly"

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Avinash Sonawane <rootkea@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem was, as the maintainer of graphviz suggested, that I had
> selected PHP bindings in `make config` which was failing the
> compilation.

But then if selecting "PHP bindings" option in `make config` produces
compile error then why to have "PHP bindings" option in the first
place?

It seems as if the work on "PHP bindings" option is going on but till
the option is fully ready to compile what's the point in having it in
`make config`?

It'll only lead to compilation failure and ultimately frustration of
user just to realize "PHP bindings" option doesn't work while building
graphviz and then starting the build again with "PHP bindings" not
selected.

How about providing the option in `make config` when the option is
actually ready and doesn't produce any build error?

Regards,
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune
http://rootkea.wordpress.com