Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 13:58:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      sporkl <spork@dti.net>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   E-net cards, Number-Nine vid cards

Hello.

	I am (maybe) in the market for a new computer.
	I have been considering a Micron dual P200MHZ pros, 64MB ECC EDO
RAM, ultra-wide SCSI, Number Nine Revolution 3D vid card w/4MB ram, and
it comes with a "fast ethernet 10/100 pci network adapter". Doesn't say
what kind of e-net card. What ethernet cards do you recommend? I am not
looking for super-fast-expensive-utra here, just a reliable,
well-supported, *robust* card. Also, does X support the Number Nine
Revolution card? It doesn't seem to be there in the cards database, so I
don't know.

	Since this machine (which will be used as both an over-the-net
 server and a personal machine) would have two proccessors, I would need
an SMP kernel. I guess that means 3.0, which is fine with me. My next
question would be: Is 3.0 on CD-ROM? If not, does anyone know when it will
be?

	Thank you.

 -Spike Gronim
  sporkl@dti.net

	"Tradition is the chastity belt of the mind"