Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:17:15 -0800
From:      "Trend Micro Newsletters Editor" <newsletters@trendmicro.rsc03.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trend Micro Medium Risk Virus Alert - WORM_NETSKY.Q

Dear Trend Micro customer,

As of March 29, 2004 12:29 AM PST, TrendLabs has declared a Medium Risk Vir=
us Alert to control the spread of WORM_NETSKY=2EQ=2E TrendLabs has received=
 several infection reports indicating that this malware is spreading in Jap=
an and China=2E

This new NETSKY variant propagates via email and network shares=2E It explo=
its a known vulnerability (MS01-020) that affects Internet Explorer and all=
ows the automatic execution of attachments when an email is read or preview=
ed in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express=2E More information on the expl=
oit can be read at:

http://www=2Emicrosoft=2Ecom/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020=2Emspx

TrendLabs will be releasing the following EPS deliverables:

TMCM Outbreak Prevention Policy 102 (released March 29, 2004 12:30 AM PST)
Official Pattern Release 842
Damage Cleanup Template 302

For more information on WORM_NETSKY=2EQ, you can visit our Web site at:

http://www=2Etrendmicro=2Ecom/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5=2Easp?VName=3DWOR=
M_NETSKY=2EQ

You can modify subscription settings for Trend Micro newsletters at:

This message was sent by Trend Micro's Newsletters Editor using Responsys I=
nteract (TM)=2E

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail from Trend Micro's Newsletters E=
ditor:
   =20
http://trendnewsletter=2Ersc03=2Enet/servlet/website/PersonalizedForm?mgLEw=
kLMLkLgJL9LgmLk=2E40hktELtHpsEMkLLIlK-jNLlmphglFMkLLIlKDhknEhEu=2E260zd5_x_=
zNIl

To view our permission marketing policy:
    http://www=2Ersvp0=2Enet