Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2003 05:54:28 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release without a lot of the base system

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:14:40PM +0100, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> First, should even kerberos be built with the NO* options above?

No, it should not.  Defining NOCRYPT or NO_OPENSSL will prevent the
kerberosIV directory from being entered during the build.

[...]
> Second, I have tried adding MAKE_KERBEROS4=no to make.conf but that doesn't
> appear to make a difference. What's the correct option in /etc/make.conf to
> skip building kerberos 4 and 5?

Don't do that.  The correct option is not to define MAKE_KERBEROS[45]
at all.  The value does not matter ... if it is defined, it will be
read as `make it please'.

I would guess that your flags aren't getting propogated as you think.
*shrug*

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar@celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos