Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 1994 12:57:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel A. Baker " <dbaker@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE Driver

Hackers --

 I talked to Scott Mace, and he told me what my problem is:

The FreeBSD IDE driver dosen't appear to support the geometry of a IDE
device that has a translated device with more that 32 heads...

The problem I realize is:  I can get FreeBSD working, I can get DOS
working, but I can't get them both working at the same time!  Either
FreeBSD runs and Dos says that I don't have a bootable HD or DOS works
and FreeBSD gives error messages while trying to install it..

Any Help would be _*APPRECIATED!*_.. Or you can write Scott Mace about
the problem -- he was one of the beta testers of FreeBSD 2! ;-)

--
Daniel Baker -- NeoSoft FTP/UseNet Administrator	(713)531-8571
DBaker@NeoSoft.COM