Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:50:25 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <pumpky@sonic.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Commerical Dummynet Product?

Anyone know if there is something like a commercialized tool
for dummynet? Or maybe some pretty front end software?

I've just learned about something at <day-job> that would be
perfectly suited for dummynet. We want to be able to simulate
consumer-grade network connections (e.g. 5 Mbps up, 512 kbps down)
over a corporate LAN that's all Gbps ports.

Command line changes to ipfw rules is going to be beyond the
capabilities of the users. And it would be super nice if users
were able to do things like enable-disable the throttling
themselves, not always go through an admin. It seems well
beyond using some of the GUI firewall front ends that I'm aware
of.

Does this kind of thing exist? And no, we don't really have
the time or resources (mostly time) to develop such a thing
ourselves.
--
Crist J. Clark