Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:50:37 GMT
From:      Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/75425

The following reply was made to PR ports/75425; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, marcs@draenor.org
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:47:44 +1100 (EST)

 [ Re-sent again ]

 > Interestingly enough, setting "NoAccel" stopped the SIGSEGV and I was
 > able to get the server started.  Before trying out the patch (the
 > original was installed from packages so I'll need a massive compile)
 > I'll see if I can bootstrap the configuration by hand, since xorgcfg
 > falls over the same way.

 The compile went quicker than I thought, but not much difference:

 -----

 # xorgcfg

 [...]

 (EE) I810(0): Failed to allocate HW (ARGB) cursor space.
 [drm] failed to load kernel module "i915"
 (EE) I810(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.

     *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
     *** be the reason for the server aborting.

 Fatal server error:
 Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

 -----

 Basically, the X server is still unable to bootstrap itself.  I'll keep
 plodding along with constructing an xorg.conf file by hand, but it won't
 be done any time this year :-)

 -- Dave