Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:35:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers list <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: getting netatalk to work on 2.2.5R

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded in getting netatalk to work on FreeBSD 2.2.5R? I've
> been figgling around without much luck.

Yes.  I used the package off the CD but I'm sure source would
have worked too.  At first I thought there was a problem
because atalkd appeared to hang at boot time.  I'd ^C it
and try to figure out was wrong but couldn't find anything.

One time I rebooted the system and went out for a walk.  When
I came back the system was up and atalkd was running!  It
justs takes a *long* time to start.  Several minutes for
me on a network with no appletalk routers and only one Mac.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com