Date:      Sun,  9 Sep 2001 10:51:23 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   How can I turn off acpi 100%?

I hadn't rebooted my laptop since Aug 28 although I have been building world
and a new kernel daily.  I thought today would be a good day to see how acpi
was comming.  Mistake.  It comes up fine, I think because all I can see are:

acpi_cmbat0: bif size changed 0

at what looks like several per second.  In single user I am getting:

acpi-ec0: evaluation of CPE query method _Q3F failed - AE_NOT_FOUND

at the rate of one every 10 seconds more or less.  So basically my laptop
is useless right now.

It is a Compaq 1700 PIII 850Mhz, 256MB, 30GB.  I haven't had a problem since
July.

How can I turn all this off?  Can I send any info that might help someone else?

Thanks,

ed

---