Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 2020 13:19:39 -0800
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xfce Terminal doesn't like blue?

Hello,

I have been having problems with color displays for a few days since I
upgraded to the current xfce4.  I finally realized that the problem is
that xfce terminal interprets the blue escape sequence as black, so that
is unreadable since I use a black background.  I came up with the
following line to demonstrate it, plus a good line.

  echo 'this is \033[34mblue\033[m and \033[34;1mbright blue\033[m.'
  echo 'this is \033[32mgreen\033[m and \033[32;1mbright green\033[m.'

The blue characters is the first line are black, but the green
characters actually display as green.  This only seems to happen on xfce
terminal, and does not happen in xterm or even a virtual console.  Does
anybody else have this, or is it some configuration problem of mine?
Both cyan and purple work, so it isn't the monitor or cable.

I am currently running xfce4-terminal-0.8.9.2 and the system is running
FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE.

Thanks for any ideas.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org