Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:15:49 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -pipe switch in kernel compilation

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 01:32:49PM -0700, Doug Russell wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > FWIW: 3.3R ran (crawled?) in 4Mb. I tried it 2 months ago on a 386SX40 with
> > 4Mb.
> >
> > Compiling a GENERIC kernel was 5 hours or so ;-) That is when I gave up
> > on my idea to 'make buildworld'.
> >
> > But still impressive, it was stable.
>
> See, I knew there was a reason I hung on to all these 1M 30 pin SIMMs. :)
> Old 386/40s sure make nice little router/modem/whatever boxes.  :)

I guess with Picobsd it would run better. People wanted to can the board,
brandnew in the wrapper. That is when I rescued it (for no good reason other
than curiosity what FreeBSD would think of it).

[followup to -chat]

--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org