Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:21:43 +0200
From:      Lukas Razik <freebsd@razik.name>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Issue with 7.0-RELEASE and Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Hi!

On Friday 05 September 2008 13:28:38 Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 01:15:02PM +0200, Lukas Razik wrote:
> > I've tried the newest snapshot and as you told it works fine! :-)
> > My onboard NICs are recognized now and I can use them without any
> > problems. It's interesting because I've seen no changes in the last days
> > here: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/re/if_re.c
>
> I can't explain what's going on then.  The last commit I see for
> RELENG_7 was two weeks ago.  I don't know what versions of the kernel
> (uname output please) you were trying where the NIC wasn't working.

I wrote it in my older mail:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2008-September/005373.html
But the main thing is it works. :-)

> > BTW: As I wrote you some weeks ago, I wanted to buy a HighPoint
> > RocketRAID 3120 card, run some benchmarks under FreeBSD and tell you the
> > results. I have the card for some hours now but it isn't recognized by
> > 7.0-RELENG_7-20080905- JPSNAP...
> > I will start a new thread for this issue but at first I want to test it
> > with the newest RELENG_7 kernel from CVS...
>
> The 3120 card is supported by the hptiop(4) driver.  If you're having
> problems with it, you should report the problem to Highpoint directly.
> They write the driver themselves, but gets someone with src commit bits
> to commit the code for them.

Oh, O.K.
I wanted to give the FreeBSD-Developer of this driver root access to my system
for faster bugfixing but then I'll write to HighPoint directly...
Let's see how long they need to answer.

Thanks for your hints!

Regards,
Lukas