Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:36:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "ORACLE ." <oracleandoracle@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NEED HELP WITH VERSION OF FREE BSD!!!

> Hey i have dowloaded freebsd 5.2.1 for amd because i have amd k-6 II  from
> the following site
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/5.2.1/

First of all, I don't know for absolute certainty, but I don't believe
that amd64 is designed for the K6-II. AFAIK, the k62 is a 32-bit
processor.

> i have downloaded ""5.2.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso"" this file please tell
> me how to burn it on r-cd to make it bootable free bsd cd and also do i
> need other files in this ftp folder i mean
> "5.2.1-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso" and "5.2.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc2.iso" if
> i do need these files can you tell me how to burn them on the r-cd i mean
> which Sequence and also the file i downloaded
> ""5.2.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso""  does it have all the packages i need to
> run a system.....

The disk1.iso is really all you will need to have an operational system.
You don't just burn the file to CD, you have to 'Burn CD from CD image'.
In adaptec easy-cd creator, this option is under the 'File' menu.

Regards,

Steve