Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2012 00:09:38 +0100
From:      Stefan Horomnea <stefan.horomnea@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sleep/resume in FreeBSD 9 on a ThinkPad

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, so I have a couple more tests to try.
I have just tried with:
sysctl debug.bootverbose=1
sysctl debug.acpi.suspend_bounce=1

And the monitor switches a bit to the terminal, and then gets back to X, so
I guess is suppose to do that. How do I get the needed information after
that ? Run dmesg ?
I just ran dmesg and got:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lro38v935vpnxn6/dmesg-sleep-bounce.txt
I really don't know how to read/interpret dmesg messages, so I can't tell
what's happening, how the sleep process happens, if it shows why it fails,
etc.
But I can spot as being errors are some lines like this:
ubt0: ubt_intr_read_callback:767: interrupt transfer failed: USB_ERR_STALLED

should this be the cause, or other ?

I will also try more of the suggested tests below.

Thank you,
Stefan