Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:41:32 GMT
From:      Juho Vuori <juho.vuori@kepa.fi>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/79081: ACPI suspend/resume not working on HP nx6110

>Number:         79081
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       ACPI suspend/resume not working on HP nx6110
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD loppa 5.4-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE #3: Fri Mar 18 08:21:56 EET 2005     juho@loppa:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LOPPA  i386

On HP nx6110 laptop, acpiconf -s 3 suspends the machine, but trying to resume will completely freeze it. When frozen, hitting caps lock won't change the state of the leds. I've tried this with as minimal a kernel as I considered possible (no usb, no networking, no scsi-related things, etc).

This machine has other issues with acpi as well (see i386/79080).

The ASL source can be found from http://www.helsinki.fi/~javuori/nx6110.asl

>How-To-Repeat:
On system mentioned above. acpiconf -s 3