Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:08:34 +0100
From:      Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WTFM for system calls

It's probably obvious, but not quite obvious enough for me right now...

Where's there a list of FreeBSD kernel (system) calls?

I can't believe I've never needed one before - I guess I've just used
UNIX calls (remembered from the 1980s) or got lucky with the manual.

There's obviously man 2, but you really need to know the name of what
you're looking for (or guess from the file names). I could also scan
through the 'C' header files.

The Developer's Manual mentions HOW to call a system call (and told me
something shocking about Linux I hadn't realised). But nowhere can I
find a list - preferably sorted in to sections with a summary, function
number, symbolic name, and list of parameters. I'm looking for something
a bit more informative than sys/syscall.h!

I bet someone's going to refer me to a man page with a name everyone
else knows but I couldn't guess. Counting down....

Thanks, Frank.