Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 07:38:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is an LDN?

LDN is Logical Device Number -- a PnP card may include more than one
device. CSN is Card Select Number, the identifier assigned to the card
by the PnP probe routine basing on Vendor ID and Serial number (btw it
means that in cases like yours, where the serial number is apparently
hardwired to all ones, you can't have two cards of the same kind
on one machine! -- eh, these cheap designs....)

To come to your problem: your BIOS is not assigning resources to the
PnP devices, probably because you specified in the BIOS configuration
that you have a PnP aware OS. Either change the setting to 'non pnp
aware' or manually assign them with boot -c and "pnp 1 0 os enable ..."
as documented in the pnp(4) manpage. I'd go for the bios solution
first, if it works you don't have to guess irqs and drqs

after that, remember that your pnp card will be detected as unit #1 so
you'll have to make symlinks in /dev/dsp->/dev/dsp1 etc.

	cheers
	luigi