Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:44:34 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG'" <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: More detail on Deskpro XL6200 NIC (was: Legacy ethernet cards	in FreeBSD)

Dear Bill,

I've cvsupped, which gave me the patched version of the pcn driver. Thanks
for the prompt response.

I've build various kernels.

Kernel with pcn and lnc compiled in: trap 12
Kernel with lnc only:                trap 12
Kernel with pcn only:			 works, but no network
Kernel with neihter:			 works, but no network

A backtrace reveals that the box dies with trap 12 in the function:

  __set_videodriver_set_sym_vga_driver()
  alloc_scp()
  scopen()
  cnopen()
  spec_open()
  spec_vnoperate()
  ufs_vnoperatespec()
  vn_open()
  open()
  syscall2()
  Xint0x80_syscall()

The last thing that the box prints is "Addtional TCP options: ." and then
the date. *beng* trap 12 etc....

Yes, it does print the "." in the end, so it completes the additional TCP
options successfully.

I'm lost here. If anyone has any suggestions I will happily try them on
Monday. Otherwise I'm moving down a version or two. Right now I'm going home
for the weekend (to a system that actually *works*).

    Kees Jan