Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:19:07 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: startup help with doscmd still badly needed

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 10:13:05AM +0200, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> Well first of all to Marc for his concise down to the matter explanation.
> Error message about missing vga fount is gone.
> I try to boot-up from floopy disk ,message I got was:
>   "Not enough place to create DOS boot partition"
> It is translation becuase I used localzed version for German market
> original message in German is :
> "Ken Platz vorhanden um DOS Bootpartition zu erstellen".
> I have attached some files so it is (i hope) bit clearer to you.Files are:
> 1)configur it is my /etc/doscmdrc file
> 2)dosreservedfile contains output of command ls -al /usr/dos/c
> 3)debugoutput is what i got with following sequence :
>   doscmd -bxD -d debugoutput
>   tail -100 debugoutput.
>
> How do we go about solving of this problem.
>
> Any solutions , suggestions , corrections are higly welcome
>
> In case you have not got enough information just mail . I will be glad to
> provide any additional clearifing information.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Ariel
>

> X11_FONT=vga
> assign A: /dev/rfd0.1440 1440
> # We assign by type as specified in manual
> assign hard /usr/dos/c 05

I think it's easier to use a floppy image:

 - create, under dos, a boot floppy (format a: /s)

 - on this floppy put /usr/libdata/doscmd/redir.com and edit.com
   (win95's version of edit.com is more friendly :) )

 - under freebsd
 		cp /dev/fd0c /home/ariel/1.44M	(1.44M will be the image)

 - create .doscmdrc
 	boot A:
	assign A: /home/ariel/1.44M 1440
	assign C: /usr/dos/c

 - launch doscmd
 	doscmd -b -x

 - at the prompt a:\>
 		edit a:\config.sys

	write in this file: lastdrive=Z

	        edit a:\autoexec.bat

	write in this file: @echo off
			    redir.com

  - the next time you'll run doscmd, you'll can access to c:

Marc