Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:46:48 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   ELF loader problem with CFE on ASUS WL500g

Hi,

I just tried to boot the WGT634U kernel on the ASUS WL500g.

CFE version is 1.0.37.

It appears there's yet another problem with the ELF loader there -- it
now looks at the p_paddr field. As this is out of range for physical
memory (GNU ld set it the same as p_vaddr), it balks.

Any suggestions for workarounds? I tried using the GNU ld "MEMORY"
directive, however, it seems to munge p_vaddr also.

It looks like objcopy's --change-section-lma option, with a negative
offset, would do what I want, however it will need to be scripted to
work on named sections.

cheers
BMS