Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:18:12 -0800
From:      Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        Nick Rogers <ncrogers@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em(4) interface hangs under 8.0-RELEASE

Its using MSI? Given that its PCI-X I have no idea how robust MSI is,
how bout you compile it with that disabled, use legacy IRQ and see
if that makes any diff.

Using TSO on anything pre-PCI Express is a bad idea, probably why
its gotten a bad rep in the em driver.

I have a driver in the works that is going to seperate the code for
PCIE and Legacy, and I'm ripping out TSO from the Legacy stuff.

The hang could be an problem with MSI though. I am not as dubious
about the checksum offloads as some are,  have stress tests that
run for days with no issues.

Let me know if that has any effect,

Jack