Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:14:43 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Dustin C." <dustin@jam.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 on Low Memory Computer

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 05:42:23PM -0800, Dustin C. wrote:
> I have a computer that is old. It has something like 8-11MB of RAM
> (It cannot hold anymore). FreeBSD installs just fine. But when I try
> to boot, I get an error saying something like "/kernel not found"
> and thats as far as it goes. Does anyone know how I could get it to
> work?

Sounds like it didn't really install properly :)

Taking a wild guess, maybe the kernel was installed as kernel.GENERIC
- what happens if you give it that name?  Failing that, please
reproduce exactly what it says on the previous few lines before giving
the error message and we can go from there.

Kris

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--