Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:25:40 -0700
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        John Webster <jwebster@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: certificate issuing for mail list users

On Friday 27 April 2007 09:56:16 John Webster wrote:
> --On Friday, April 27, 2007 09:52:44 -0700 David Southwell
<david@vizion2000.net> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I think I may not have been clear on this posting because you seem to be
> > misunderstanding my question. I have been very appreciative of the
> >
> > I now moving on from that point and want to know if someone has built a
> > web interface that enables people to request certificates and supply them
> > so as to integrate certificate issuing into the total problem solution. I
> > do not think any of the replies I received to my earlier question was
> > focused on answering this question.. unless I missed something.
> >
> > Sorry if you were confused by the way I phrased my question.
> >
> > david

> David,
>
> Something like the following?
>  <http://www.thawte.com/secure-email/web-of-trust-wot/index.html>;
>  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_trust>;
>

> By the way, shouldn't this question be on questions@ instead of ports@ ?
>

> jw
Yep -- a similar interface for running on our server building our our own CA.
This will make it possible to incorporate data into the cert to satisfy our
application requirements.

I wondered whether someone had done something similar.

Regarding whether ports or questions is appropriate I put it to ports on the
basis that I am seeking something which is either a port or could become one.
If we find there is no other way to go than build our own we would certainly
offer it as a port - so this did seeem the right list. But you are right it
could just as legitimately be posted to questions.

thanks for getting back to me

david

david

david