Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 18:18:52 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: exporting msdos and cd9660 via NFS with 2.0

> I know that there were problems associated with exporting CD and
> possibly msdos filesystem via NFS in 1.X and I remember that there
> was some discussion on if/when/how to fix this, but I was wondering
> if it will work as desired under 2.x?  .0?  SNAP?  -current?  Thanks!
>
> 		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
> E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417

I have a 2.0 Release CD in my CDROM drive of my FreeBSD-bi-daily machine
and have exported it via NFS to my ftp server
(The latter being a 1.1.5.1 though) and I saw now and then people grabbing
something from the CD via ftp. I didn't see any problems so far.
Don't know about problems in exporting MSDOS fs.

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development
#2: Tue Apr 11 20:03:36 MET DST 1995    root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS
 i386