Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2012 14:24:10 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
To:        Andre Goree <andre@drenet.info>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libutempter

On 14 Jan 2012 08:48, "Andre Goree" <andre@drenet.info> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:58:13 -0600, Andre Goree <andre@drenet.info> wrote:
>
>> I recently csup'd 9-STABLE and was able to get it working along with my
>> custom kernel.  I'm now in the process of rebuilding all my ports, and
I've
>> come across something when running 'portmaster -af' that I can't seem to
>> find any information on.
>>
>> ===>>> Launching child to reinstall libutempter-1.1.5_1
>>
>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/sysutils/libutempter
>>
>>        ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
>>        ===>>> is now contained in the base system
>>

>>        ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>>               IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.
>>
>> ===>>> Update for libutempter-1.1.5_1 failed
>> ===>>> Aborting update
>>
>> Terminated
>>

>> I figure, "ok I'll just delete the package and move on."  However, there
>> are many packages I have installed that depend on libutemper.  I would
>> still just proceed with the removal given that the functionality is
>> provided in base now, however I don't want to break all these ports and
>> have to deal with the mess when I portmaster -af again.
>>
>> What is the recommended action here?  Should I just force exclude that
port
>> from the upgrade?  That's probably the easiest way but I'd have to deal
>> with this at some point.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice
>>
>> --
>> Andre Goree
>> andre@drenetinfo
>

> So I've rebuilt everything that I could, but when I get to the ports that
depend on libutempter, I get an error that they could not be reinstalled
due to a failure with libutempter  :/

> --->  Skipping 'www/opera' (opera-11.60) because a requisite package
'libutempter-1.1.5_1' (sysutils/libutempter) failed (specify -k to force)
> --->  Skipping 'www/opera-linuxplugins' (opera-linuxplugins-11.60)
because a requisite package 'opera-11.60' (www/opera) failed (specify -k to
force)
> --->  Skipping 'deskutils/kdeplasma-addons' (kdeplasma-addons-4.7.3)
because a requisite package 'kdepimlibs-4.7.3' (deskutils/kdepimlibs4)
failed (specify -k to force)
> --->  Skipping 'graphics/libkdcraw-kde4' (libkdcraw-4.7.3) because a
requisite package 'libutempter-1.1.5_1' (sysutils/libutempter) failed
(specify -k to force)

> I installed misc/compat8x, however it informed my that I'd need to add ""
to the kernel conf.  When I try to do that, I'm met with this error:

> /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/DESKTOPKERN9: unknown option "COMPAT_FREEBSD8"
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.
>

> Which is weird, because:
>
> [root@desktop src]# uname -r
> 9.0-STABLE
>

> Meaning I'm certainly running 9.0-STABLE.  So what gives re: that error
above about "unknown option"?  I even tried to csup source and buildworld
again, but to no avail -- the error remains.

Just pkg_delete -f it.

Since it's in base, its absence won't cause a problem.

Chris