Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2013 08:16:56 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Danilo Egea <daniloegea@yahoo.com.br>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devel/boost-* update and restructuration

--xB0nW4MQa6jZONgY

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:58:44PM -0200, Danilo Egea wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I was working in an update for devel/boost-*, but someone already commit=
=20
> an update. The current port have some problems with its Makefiles.
> I changed the ports to make portlint happy, can you see it and evaluate=
=20
> the possibility to merge some ideas at current port?
>=20
> The ports are here -> https://github.com/daniloegea/ports/tree/master/dev=
el
>=20
> Or the shar file -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23276705/boost152.shar.xz
>=20
> Thanks a lot. ;)
>=20
> PS: sorry my english
>=20

Looking at your version (thanks for it) I see a lot of duplication for the =
sake
of having portlint happy which I don't think it that particular case is wor=
th.

What I found interesting is the MPI option which I haven't added.

I still think the version I committed is cleaner, except that the MPI option
should be added.

I'm might have a look at it later if noone did.

IMHO: portlint is a really good tool, but does not have to always be 100%
respected if that is on purpose. here not respecting portlint helps avoiding
code duplication

regards,
Bapt

--xB0nW4MQa6jZONgY