Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:28:34 -0700
From:      Marc Butler <marcbutler@timing.com>
To:        Mark Sergeant <msergeant@snsonline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB problems after resume from suspend in current as of January 9

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:22:22PM +1100, Mark Sergeant wrote:
> I'm running a toshiba portege 4000 with -CURRENT as of January 9.
> Suspending and resuming runs fine apart from USB, on resume it is unable
> to recognise my USB mouse (logitech), nothing even registers that it is
> plugged in, nor does the mouse get any power yet on booting normally USB
> works fine. Has anyone got any ideas how I can work around this issues ?

It may be the USB controller is being shutdown and not restarted.  To
check whether the USB controller is up try: "usbdevs -v" which I
believe should complain: "no USB controllers found" or similar.

You may want to check the BIOS for any obvious settings related to
USB and power management.

Is ACPI involved in suspension?  I'm sorry but I know nothing about
ACPI (or laptop power management).

--
Marc Butler <marcbutler@timing.com>