Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:59:06 -0500
From:      Jacob Frelinger <jolly@thecoffinclub.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bizzare problem..

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:08:10PM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Jacob Frelinger wrote:
>
> You aren't using a Linux version of vi, are you?  It so happens a common
> freebsd system call maps to linux reboot() ....

it shouldn't be.
[jolly@spooky ~]# which vi
/usr/bin/vi
[jolly@spooky ~]# strings /usr/bin/vi | head -2
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
FreeBSD

and that wouldn't explain the shutdowns when i ssh from the problematic
machine into a different one and run vi on the remote machine.

i wish it was something that simple... i'm completly stumped on this...
--
Jacob "I'm Brainy For Zombie Pops" Frelinger
Jolly at TheCoffinClub dot Com